Some apps that I use a lot or have recently discovered:
- Every time I am about to go “into the wild” I download the latest posts from my favourite blogs to Mobile RSS. It is great for random 10-20 minute stops where you don’t really know what is going to happen next and can’t pull out a book to read.
- I use Intl Meeting Planner to plan hookups between different timezones.
- I open World Map at least every other day to check out where exactly certain countries are in the world. This ties into a hobby of mine – studying country statistics to try and understand how each country fits into the world. Both The Economist World in Numbers and The World Factbook are great for this.
- What’s app allows you to message other people over the internet from your phone. It is suprising how many people are already connected.
- Nike Training Club provides great facilitated workouts – a great way to train if you are on the go and can’t regularly attend a training club or gym.
- I use The Economist and BBC World to get an overview of what is happening in the world
- And finally emoji is quite silly, but there’s something about being able to send someone an emoticon of a ghost that always makes me smile.