So for now, the three-reasons-to-love series is morphing into a trial three-ish-links-to-love series. From my readings and the comments this week:
- The King Effect: Blog of an war crimes aid worker in the DRC. Her thoughts on the just held elections were featured in a recent New York Times guest post:
- “People want to vote in a way that won’t escalate into another full scale civil war,” explained psychologist Jean-Paul Syatokaki. “Regardless of whose politics they actually support.”
- I found Springwise recently – they share awesome unique business ideas from around the world. They recently did a profile of Simpa Networks – who allow users of their solar panels to pay for electricity service via mobile phone. If they don’t pay, then a remote monitoring system turns the power off. Just like at home.
- Autocorrect fails. As you might expect – there are plenty of non-family friendly fails, but this one would be alright for the kids.
- And finally, a comment on my “On asking for directions” post: “I think the key point is that we would go crazy if we didn’t have autopilot. The human brain is very good at ignoring certain information (like the fact that we can actually always see our nose)”. Good point. And thanks for making this week a “notice-your-nose” kind of week.